Saturday 13 September 2014

Goblin Quest

So, I don't back a lot of Kickstarters, on the grounds of being a modestly penurious father, but this one I didn't hesitate.

Goblin Quest: A tabletop game of fatal ineptitude is the work of columnist and designer of quick and quirky tabletop games (and easy-to-run, high-concept LARP) Grant Howitt. I'm quite a fan of his work in general, there's a heck of a line up of guest artists and writers, and the original short rules I recall being pleasantly anarchic, but specifically what's motivated me to urge you all to back this little beauty is the £15,000 stretch goal: Sean Bean Quest.

"Will Sean Bean ever survive all the way to the end of a film? Find out as you take on the role of five Sean Beans (in sequence, not in parallel) and attempt to endure the slings and arrows of the script. Gruff northern accents are a requirement."
Now, I don't know about you, but I'm dying to know how that could even work. How can you play characters consecutively as a workable game? And what is the trademark status of the name 'Sean Bean'?

So come on, throw a little money Grant's way and let's make Sean Bean Quest a reality/legal nightmare for our age.

No comments:

Post a Comment